Monday, January 02, 2006

Devolution Marker

I have been thinking for some time about markers or bench marks that track the devolution of our country and society. I am talking about small changes that caused some diminishing in the karmic force that was America 50 years ago or so. I picked 50 years since I was 6 years old then and I can actually remember some things about my environment from that period. These would be things that by their changing or elimination altered the gestalt of national identity to a point where the change was remarkable (noticeable).

My initial proposal for a "devolution marker" is when you could no longer buy Campfire Marshmallows in the little boxes of a dozen wrapped with waxed paper and the two layers of marshmallows separated with the little white card. I distinctly believe that some of the majick went out of our lives at that moment. (Note the spelling of majick as we are talking about true majick not "stage magic".)

If you have any devolutionary moments that you would like to share...this is the place. You should take the above mentioned marker as a guideline in defining your own.

No comments: