Saturday, January 14, 2006

Got Smashed

Looks like Friday the 13th sort of leaked over into Friday the 14th. Being the gracious host I was taking my houseguests across town so that he could replace his Birkenstock sandals at Abbadabba's. Sitting at a light minding my own business when a LandRover decided to rearrange the back half of my car. Seems he was busy dialing his cell and didn't see that traffic had stopped. My 2003 Hyundai XG350L that was absolutely spotless and that only has 32,000 miles is now seriously bashed and while still driveable, is just barely so.
Luckily, none of us were hurt except for some stiffness in the neck and shoulders.

I do feel sorry for the lady driving the Volkswagon "Bug" in front of me at the light though. While I just barely tapped her and didn't leave a mark she was on her way home from after she had just rear-ended someone else just 20 minutes before. She was not having a good day. On top of everything else the police gave her a breath test and she clocked .7 only .1 below the limit. This is at eleven o'clock in the morning and here she is driving around town with here little boy in the back seat. The police made her call a freind to take custody of the kid and then we left the scene so I don't know her final fate.

So it is train to the airport tomorrow which is a pain but not a disaster.

And you'll be glad to know we did go on and get the Birkenstocks, so it wasn't a total waste.

No comments: