Sunday, January 08, 2006

Quiet Time Over

The annual Christmas thru New Year hiatus is now officially over. Clients are back to work and expecting us to appear on their doorsteps and help them dispose of all that filthy cash they have been accumulating. We consultants, that is not my "official" job title but that is in effect what I do, are now poised to spring back into action. I, personally, fly to Denver tomorrow for a week but the Atlanta airport will be full of us tomorrow flying to every nook and cranny of this great nation. Our companies will be paid large amounts of money for our expertise though we see only a fraction of it. I won't say what my billing rate is because it will just make you mad.
If there is any consolation I work, for the most part, in high tech so it only hits your pocket book third or fourth hand and by that time so many others have piled on their cut that my fee becomes almost an after thought. When you buy that new PC or go to have a MRI you can think of me.
Weather in Denver for the next few days promises to be survivable with only some snow showers forecast for tomorrow. I will post and comment as I can over the week. Everybody have a good time.

No comments: