Monday, January 16, 2006

Invigorating

Some of my recent bad luck must have departed because I somehow managed to get back to my hotel tonight and turn on the TV and on came CSPAN and Al Gore's speech. I caught most of it and then went over and read the whole thing at HuffPo.
While the whole thing was wonderful and I was totally entranced watching him I couldn't help but ask myself; Where was this guy in 2000? If this Al Gore had been campaigning in 2000 the election would not have been close enough to steal. This is the man who should have been President for the last 5 years.
One thing that really resonated with me was when Gore spoke about fear, which is something I've been thinking about a lot. When the Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and sacred honor they were deadly serious. They could and would have been hanged for expressing their opinions against the king. Everything they had was on the line. Their lives were at risk when they attempted to incite the people to overthrow the king. You really have to ask yourself what we are putting on the line today. Why are the majority of America cowering in fear? As a child crouched under my desk in grade school I was in far more danger than I am today. The Bush people have figured out that as long as we are kept fearful we are malleable and weak. Fear kills reason.

I can't say how positive this speech was for me. I was becoming depressed over the lack of outrage in the American public over the latest revelations on domestic spying added on the apathy over all the other outrages against the principles we have cherished and died for for so many years.

I still feel that Gore should consider running again for the Presidency and I think he would be sure thing. Strong environmentalist, experienced and respected.

Let's just make sure Donna Brazile is not in charge of anything.

No comments: