Monday, January 23, 2006

Lies and Damned Lies

Well, Georgia10 over at Kos has an excellent wrap-up of the Moron-in-Chief's successes on the war on terrerists. It is a very disheartening picture when you consider how many lives have been lost waging this "war". I won't even mention the estimated TRILLIONS of our hard earned taxes will have been burned in this clusterfuck.

When I think of how much could be done here and in other countries to diminish suffering and bring some hope and promise to millions of people I can do nothing but cry.

Digby really hits the nail on the head with this post. They are Killing Us Softly

They are going to the 9/11 well again. They say that Democrats are sending talking points to Osama and giving aid and comfort to the enemy. Rove says we don't believe that the government should monitor al Qaeda's telephone calls. The next several months will be spent fending off accusations that if we don't let the president do anything he damned well pleases we are all going to die.

I don't know if it will work again. But I also don't know if I can take this campaign one more time. Five years of hearing the same thing over and over again and watching American sheeple fall for it over and over again is just too depressing. I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to January 20, 2009 (and I'm of an age where rushing the future is no longer wise.) The day I no longer have to listen to one more word from this immoral, dishonest, incompetent, delusional prick will be the best day of my life.

No comments: