Saturday, August 20, 2005

Newt, Newt

It's Saturday after a long week and I have all kinds of "honey-do's" but first I couldn't resist a bit of comment on the talk Newt gave yesterday to the National Press Club. (I can't find a clean electronic link right now..maybe later)

Washington --- Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich warned Friday that the United States could be at war with Islamic radicals for a half-century, but nobody is willing to say so.

"The sheer reality of the long war --- I call it 'long war' deliberately --- [is] we're going to be fighting the irreconcilable wing of Islam for at least 50 to 70 years," Gingrich said in a speech to the National Press Club.

"And . . . my biggest complaint is nobody has yet to stand up and say this is going to be really hard, this is going to take a long time," he added in response to questions after the speech.

This is an interesting concept 'irreconcilable wing of Islam'. I guess he means that they don't want to be turned into Southern Baptists or Jews but by GOD we'll kill everyone of them unless they do accept Jesus as their savior. There is absolutely no room for negotiation on this...it's them or us and don't even consider peaceful coexistence...ain't happening...no siree.



"The question we have to have an honest national dialogue about is simple: If we leave Iraq, do you really think [militant leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi] is going to retire? Do you really think after the victory parade of the people who hate us they're going to have fewer recruits? Do you think they are going to be less dangerous? Do you think Madrid, Amsterdam, London, New York and Washington were accidents?" He said terrorist suspects being held at the U.S. terrorism detention facility at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, may have to remain "locked up for their entire lifetime" because "these are people who have said that as a matter of their religious faith, they intend to kill us."

I'm sorry Newt but I know and have known a lot of Muslims and I for the life of me can't remember one of them telling me that he or she was going to have to kill me if I didn't accept Mohammed as my spiritual leader.
Not that you will ever read this Newt but let me expain it to you.
If we would quit pooping in their sandbox and trying to manipulate the middle east as to protect out precious oil supply. If we would quit supporting the abusive regimes. If we would quit calling them whacko crazy people and disrespecting their beliefs and traditions. If we would treat Israel the same as any other foriegn country and condemn their agression and violation of the Geneva conventions and dozens of U.N. resolutions.
In a nutshell treat them as we outselves expect to be treated then everything would eventually calm down and we could share this dying world for the rest of its limited years until we all choke to death on our own waste.


No comments: