Thursday, December 06, 2007

Home Again

All done and safely back home. No major problems but there were some tense episodes when the client had to be reminded of decisions made 8 weeks ago that somehow didn't fit current thinking but nothing that was the proverbial "show stopper" or "deal breaker".

Somehow, in the middle of the day, I decided it was time to have a cold. Started sneezing and snuffling and voila I am colded. Can't take any OTC drugs because I have a Dr's appt in the morning at 0730 for the 6 month HA1c and lipids blood tests. Gotta be fasting and I don't want to take anything that will fudge the tests. My first choice with a cold is Alka-Seltzer Plus which drives up the BP so I definitely don't want Madam Doctor to have high BP to whack me with.

I will just suffer.

I realized this week that I was behind the PTO curve for the year and now with only about a hundred hours of work hours left in the year I have to burn 140 or so hours of vacation or lose it. Net is that starting tomorrow I am on vacation until 2008 and I still lose a week of PTO. Bummer.

I'll check in here tomorrow after Madam Doctor chews me out about my weight, BP, lack of excercise, and general overall health or should I say lack of it. It will take a day or two for the HA1c and Lipids to come back so I probably won't get yelled at for those until next Tuesday. I got kudos on the last lipids test as all the cholesterol numbers were in the green. Not so good on the Hemoglobin A1c as I evidently didn't do a stellar job of controlling the blood glucose over the last few months. I have been trying to do better, especially when it comes to the HFCS, so we will just have to see .

Cheers!

No comments: