Thursday, December 13, 2007

Not Positive

Somewhat in a bad mood today. The lack of action on the part of the Dems in Congress, Bush vetoing himself silly just to be strong on everybody. Weather is backwards(It's 70+ here). The Bush regime is making an ass of itself again in Bali and in general things are in a bad state.

I think what I need is a good impeachment! Nancy Pelosi has said that the Dems have more important things to do that waste time impeaching the Shrub and Darth Cheney but I am beginning to think that the reality is saying something else. The reality is that the Democrats aren't accomplishing anything. The Republicans are opposing every Democratic initiative and Bush is vetoing everything else...even the highly bi-partisan S_CHIP bill. The Dems continue to just whine about their slim majority and having their hands tied by the GOP. The thing is with impeachment "off the table" they don't have any leverage. I think it is time to run that flag back up the pole and see if it will get some attention. Seriously, what have we got to lose? If there is a serious threat of impeachment "on the table" then maybe Shrub and company will think twice about thumbing their noses at everything the Dems offer. Like I said, What's to lose?

Anyhow, I am still on forced vacation and really not accomplishing much of anything. Some reading, fiddling around on the guitar, cooking and exercise is about it. Made a batch of traditional onion soup yesterday which is always good. I even made the effort to go out and get some proper Gruyere for it. Now if we could get the weather a little cooler everything would be great.

Tonight I deal with the leftover chicken from my "Chicken in a Pot" event so it will be individual Chicken Pot Pies as they are a favorite of Madam's. I know you are excited to hear about that.

Well, this is a brilliant and incisive post...sorry for the rambling.

No comments: