Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The Last Leaves

The last of our allies in the world will soon be turning it's back on us as well. George Bush's incompetent leadership has now managed to drive our oldest and most trusted ally into the arms of others. We will soon be alone in the world to suffer the consequences of our long nightmare with Bush. His legacy will still be a burden on our grandchildren's children.

"A distancing of the U.K. from the U.S. and a closer relationship with Europe are requirements of the post-Blair foreign policy," the London-based international affairs institute said in London today.

The report, by Victor Bulmer-Thomas, who steps down as director of Chatham House on Dec. 31, is aimed at stimulating debate about the direction of U.K. foreign policy after Blair retires. Chancellor of the Exchequer Gordon Brown, the ruling Labour Party's finance minister since 1997, is favorite to take over.
Christy over at Firedoglake has a great post about the long term effects of the Bush 'experience' on the U.S. standing in the world. As usual it is a good and informative read.

P.S. I know I said I was working hard on stuff today and I thought I was. Unfortunately, the client needs to make some tuning changes on their Oracle database and until they do I am adrift. My process keep failing to run and until they do I have no data to analyze so I am in "Hurry Up and Wait" mode which I learned how to do in the Navy quite well.

No comments: