Monday, December 25, 2006

New Year Next

A fairly quiet Christmas here at Fallenmonk manor. The daughter(firefighter/paramedic) had the shift today so no family holiday stuff today. We had a lovely dinner out last night at the Atlantic Seafood Company. After we shared the calamari appetizer, I had the wood grilled Ahi Tuna and the Mrs. had Sea Bass with a soy and wasabi sauce. The Key Lime Pie for dessert was superb.
A very nice experience for our first visit there. I must admit, at this point, that all my plans for a nice Christmas Eve dinner went completely astray. I had called a couple of days ago to Mythos Greek Restaurant and made reservations but it appears that Mythos had closed over a month ago and the space is now occupied by a sports bar. Who knows where I made that reservation. Imagine my surprise when we pulled up in front, our mouths watering for saganaki and lamb only to find pizza and buffalo wings. Scratch that and it was off to find an alternate dining establishment. We were lucky to find a place at the Atlantic Seafood Co.
As for the rest of the holiday weekend...Mrs. Monk decided yesterday to catch up on some movies she had wanted to see and today we actually went out to the movies. You, Me and Dupree with Owen Wilson was much better than I expected and I have to give it a thumbs up. We managed to sit through about 15 minutes of Talladega Nights and when we realized that the life force was being sucked out of us and that our IQ was declining at a rapid rate we turned it off. Awful piece of trash.
Today at the movies we saw Night at the Museum and it was very good and entertaining. I am glad I spent the time and money to go see it it is is much better than I expected. Special effects are superb and it moves along with a nice plot. Highly recommended.

No comments: